Monday 9 November 2015

How I got into Hillwalking!

When I was extremely young my granny Sandra and my granddad Neil took me to the Wicklow Mountains.


They had already found their passion for the mountains, I still to this day rarely go to the mountains without my granddad, unfortunately my granny can no longer climb, she injured her knee and is going for a knee replacement soon.

I remember not really understanding why people put themselves through the pain and trouble to climb a silly hill, I would soon find out.


As soon as we parked the car I felt something different in the air, I looked up, I felt like I wasn't the boss.... The mountains were, I still feel this today. 

I wouldn't say I feel intimidated but I certainly respect and am so grateful to be in the company of the mountains. 


I could not for the life of me describe how I feel when I'm in the mountains nor could anyone else. It's true you won't get a wifi connection in the outdoors but I promise you will find a much better connection.

Since this day there has been no way to keep me from the mountains, they are my second home at this stage.....


I hope you enjoyed this short blog,

Altitude Aaron 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment